Ronald P. DesMarais
Instructional Program Developer Freelance 1998-Present
Instructor Seattle Community College District 2000-Present
- Conduct needs analysis by consulting with clients.
- Assess clients skill and knowledge levels to created tools and materials to assist them in reaching their goals and desired outcomes.
Instructor/Consultant On-Track Computer Training 1999-2000
- Design and deliver interactive and instructional courses for a wide variety of audiences.
- Instruct classes in ESL, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Project, Windows, Internet, and HTML.
- Develop and deliver curriculum that focuses on state core competencies.
- Assess learning objectives of students and develop courses to achieve those objectives.
- Create and implement innovative approaches to training wide array of students.
Manager Performance Bike Shops 1997-1998
- Consult with clients and create tailored training courses to meet their goals and desired outcomes.
- Design, deliver, and evaluate training courses in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Project, Windows, Internet, and HTML.
- Provide technical analysis and support for office computer software.
English/ESL Teacher San Rafael & LA School Districts 1993 to 1996
- Increased store sales by 200% and steadily expanded customer database
- Managed a 15-person team.
- Worked with staff to streamline processes and increase output.
- Designed and delivered lessons, tools and individual programs tailored to student needs.
- Designed and implemented school tutoring programs for low-income families.
- Created curricula that achieved district's goals and fostered student's control of their own education.
Completed A+ training Keane
M.S., Curriculum and Teaching University of Southern California
M.S, Educational Psychology University of Southern California
B.A., English California State Polytechnic University
- Currently pursuing MCP in Visual Basic
- Washington State Secondary Teaching Credential
- California Secondary Teaching Credential
Honors, Awards, and Affiliations
- Member of the American Society for Training and Development
- Member of the first Inter-Professional Project at the University of Southern California
- Recipient of the Ahmanson Scholarship for Academic Achievement
- Recognized for Outstanding Achievement by the University of Southern California
Educational Alumni Association
- Volunteer for the Washington Talking Book and Braille Library